Employability and Employment
People with autism have their own unique niches and preferences for certain types of jobs, which should be matched to employment opportunities. Some of the most common jobs are cleaning, F&B, stocking, and office work. However, there are other jobs that people with autism can perform. Many people with autism also have special talents in areas such as art, music, computing, and Maths.
We assign qualified job coaches to train and support them. The job coach will:
- Learn the job duties herself/himself and assist in teaching them to the client.
- Ensure that job requirements are met (quality, quantity, safety, time limits, etc.)
- Teach them the rules and policies of the company.
- Educate supervisors and co-workers about autism if needed.
- Act as mediator for the employer, the person with autism, and his/her family, if needed.
- If possible, phase out as the employee gains independence over time.
The eligibility criteria of the client is as follows:
- Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
- aged 16 and above
- has a primary diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- is not currently enrolled in another SPED school / program